Salary Range: $60,757-$82,664
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Accreditation Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance with the Commission on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) standards and other accreditation programs for the Nashville International Airport's (BNA) Airport Communications Center (ACC).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains accurate and comprehensive records for Commission on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) compliance.
- Manages software for accreditation and creates functions within software to store assessments and track accreditation activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of a variety of time-sensitive accreditation/compliance reports to include statistical and financial data and ensures that they are completed within guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of the accreditation process, including proposed changes or amendments to the standards, transition policies, or process changes.
- Corresponds with CALEA regularly, including to obtain updated or added standards.
- Prepares and enforces policies, procedures, and general orders to satisfy the CALEA standards.
- Reviews and addresses technical issues related to CALEA standards and accreditation process.
- Coordinates with other law enforcement agencies and communication centers on accreditation matters.
- Obtains written directives and assigns writing projects to achieve accreditation objectives.
- Maintains master and archive files for agency written directives.
- Responds directly to the CALEA agency CEO on accreditation matters and meets with specialized team leaders to ensure CALEA compliance.
- Coordinates self and mock assessments and submits annual evaluations.
- Attends CALEA conferences and local police and communication center coalition network meetings. Presents findings of accreditation assessments. May conduct training for individuals or groups.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA’s commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs other duties as assigned.